Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Worthy Experiment

We were at Winco the other day and saw a sale for "Pork Brisket" and decided to give them a try. it was basically "rib tips" from spare ribs. I figured that I couldn't go wrong at the price and it would provide a fun experiment. So, today, I took half the day off work and decided to give them a go. Essentially, I just rubbed them, smoked them, cooked them for about 3 hours, glazed then with a fruity sauce, inhaled them. They were a little fatty and my rub was a little to spicy. However, they were actually pretty darn good. Here are some shots:

Payton holding the meat right before we put it on the grill:


Now, the meat is on the grill and the smoke is beginning its work:


Glazed and ready to come off the grill. These things look great!!


Ready to eat!!

They were as good as they look. Kiara thought they tasted like a "hot dog." Who knew we bought such quality fare.
I assure you that more will follow ...

No comments: