Friday, May 2, 2008

No Pride and my Mini Brisket ...

Michelle said that I should think of another Title for this post. I refused because I know that anyone who reads this will not read into this comment anything other than the following message ...

Anyways, cycling season is in full swing. As you can see from the below picture, I have absolutely no pride. I can't. I'm a fat guy in spandex, riding a small bike through the mall parking lot for all to gaze upon. If I were to think about that, I'd freak out ...
On this particular day, I rode my bike down to Centennial Park - a park here in town located at the bottom of a canyon. We then rode out - up the canyon. It's about a 450 foot climb in 0.9 miles. Quite steep and very difficult. My lungs were exploding by the time we got to the top. Also, it was quite cold, so I had to wear a jacket, hat and gloves. CCOOLLDD!!!

That same day, I decided to BBQ a mini-brisket (3 pounds). Let me just say that it turned out AMAZING!! I am not a huge fan of brisket. I have never been able to do one that was any good. This one, however, turned out GREAT!! In fact, I'm going to do another mini-brisket this weekend. Enjoy the pics:

And another ...
Have a great weekend.

No comments: